Debian KDE Team Web Maintenance
The webpage code is kept in this Git repo.
Steps to make and test changes:
- Edit/create pages (without
.htmlsuffix) in folder
These pages must only include its very own content.
Header, sidebar and footer are in files
pages/bottomand will be appended
genweb.shscript in the next step.
- Run script
./genweb.sh. It will create full-fledged pages in folder
- Use a browser to check your changes, and repeat previous steps if necessary.
- Commit only the modifications you did inside
CI pipeline and publication:
- The continuous build and deployment is handled with GitLab CI/CD and GitLab Pages.
Read this tutorial for an introduction.
- The build and deployment scripts and rules can be found in the
.gitlab-ci.ymlfile in this repository.
- The website is automatically built with
genweb.shon each push to Salsa on all branches.
Check the project’s pipelines page.
- The website is deployed only for the
- To get your changed published, you need to merge them to master.
Check the status of the « Deploy » stage of the resulting pipeline.
- If you don’t have write access to the git repository, open a Merge Request and ask the team to review your changes.